Middle School Social Studies Teacher
The Middle School social studies teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Teachers within each grade level work as a team under the direction of the division head.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of Webb School in the execution of his/her role and responsibilities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver differentiated lesson plans and instructional material that facilitate individualized learning experiences.
- Attend regular department meetings with social studies department chair to ensure that curriculum, lesson plans and evaluations are in accordance with established school procedures and pedagogy.
- Ability and willingness to include relevant technology in the classroom.
- Maintain records and provide progress of student's work to both student and family.
- Participate in department, grade-level, school, and parent meetings.
- Monitor the progress of individual student's progress and development.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities and provide class progression and plans.
- Attend grade-level field trips
- Participate in coaching and/or advising a club or sport.
- Participate in professional learning programs
- B.A./B.S. degree in teaching from an accredited institution.
- 3 to 5 years teaching experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Certification in middle school history/social studies.
- A criminal history background check is required of all employees
- Please send resumé, transcripts and 3 letters of reference to:
Webb School of Knoxville Attn. Valorie Baker, Head of Middle School 9800 Webb School Drive Knoxville, TN 37923-3307 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org