Middle School Math Teacher
The Middle School math teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Teachers within each grade level work as a team under the direction of the division head. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching:
- Integrated Math
- Algebra 1
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of Webb School in the execution of his/her role and responsibilities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver differentiated lesson plans and instructional material that facilitate individualized learning experiences.
- Attend regular department meetings with the math department chair to ensure that curriculum, lesson plans and evaluations are in accordance with established school procedures and pedagogy.
- Ability and willingness to include relevant technology in the classroom.
- Maintain records and provide progress of student's work to both student and family.
- Participate in department, grade-level, school, and parent meetings.
- Monitor the progress of individual student's progress and development.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities and provide class progression and plans.
- Attend grade-level field trips.
- Participate in coaching and/or advising a club or sport.
- Participate in professional learning programs.
- B.A./B.S. degree in teaching from an accredited institution.
- 3 to 5 years teaching experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
Webb School of KnoxvilleAttn. Valorie Baker, Head of Middle School9800 Webb School DriveKnoxville, TN 37923-3307Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A criminal history background check is required of all employees.
- Please send resumé, transcripts and 3 letters of reference to:
Webb School is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. All employment decisions at Webb School are based on school needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, creed, disability, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal or state laws or regulations. Webb School will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.