Upper School Math Instructor
Webb School of Knoxville’s Upper School seeks an experienced and dynamic math teacher to teach starting in the 2018-2019 school year. The ideal candidate should be an expert in both the field of mathematics and the craft of teaching. Webb School’s students are eager and motivated learners so candidates should be able to teach with an engaging classroom style and appeal to the learning styles of a diverse and extremely talented group of young men and women. In addition, he or she should also have a desire to participate enthusiastically in the various activities that occur outside of the classroom in an independent school community.Responsibilities
Experience / Qualifications & Skills
- Teaching five sections of high school mathematics
- Serving as an Advisor to a small group of students
- Contributing to the broader community by participating in the life of the school outside of the classroom.
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Two or more years of teaching high school mathematics
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction
- Fluency with a variety of technology tools to advance learning
- Passion for subject matter and for working with young people and colleagues
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Head of Upper School
Webb School of Knoxvillematthew_macdonald@webbschool.org