Thank you for your interest in Webb School, a dynamic learning and teaching community of more than 1,200 students, faculty, and staff.
We seek collaborative and creative educators who are committed to working in a mission-focused, independent day school environment. We invite you to review our website for information about Webb academics, athletics, arts, and other school programs and activities. Should you find a position listing that matches your interests and professional qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Job postings include specific application instructions.
The Webb School of Knoxville is seeking a full time, year-round Assistant Director of Development & Alumni Engagement.
The Assistant Director for Development & Alumni Engagement is responsible for developing and implementing programming that engages alumni and community members with Webb School of Knoxville. This position will report to the school’s Director of Development. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in fundraising, volunteer management, event organization, and communications.
The Assistant Director will work with and expand Webb’s alumni network; work with in-state, out-of-state, and international alumni; support and organize alumni events; partner with admissions and college counseling to develop programs involving alumni; and translate all of these efforts into increased financial support of Webb School.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Advance relationships with alumni prospects and current donors through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to generate philanthropic gifts for Webb School.
- In partnership with the Director of Development, set goals, develop strategy, and solicit alumni and other prospects, such as parents, for support of the Webb Fund, Alumni Scholars Fund, or other school giving priorities.
- Track face-to face meetings and number of solicitations in Raiser's Edge donor management system.
- Serve as a liaison to the Spartan alumni community, strengthening their relationships with Webb through personal cultivation and stewardship.
- Increase alumni engagement through developing, organizing, and coordinating alumni events and reunions. Examples include: class reunions, alumni awards days, regional alumni events, and Thirsty Thursday School.
- Help identify alumni giving volunteers and class agents.
- Milestone class reunions take place during Spartan Alumni Weekend each fall; the Assistant Director will be tasked with working with class agents to support the ten-plus reunions scheduled for each fall season.
- Act as primary staff liaison for Alumni Council and work with alumni leaders to develop programs and events for alumni. Identify and recruit new members of Alumni Council.
- Develop new volunteer and connection opportunities that meaningfully engage alumni and constitute groups throughout the country.
- Work with third-party vendors and Webb’s communication department to develop and produce alumni communication pieces.
- Manage alumni website and social media communications.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in fundraising, alumni relations, non-profits, or similar transferable background is preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple concurrent tasks; to anticipate needs and act accordingly, and to perform with a high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated success identifying, developing, and leading volunteers.
- Experienced in managing events.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgement and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Be capable of working occasional nights and weekends.
- Willing to travel for out-of-town alumni events and school-related conferences.
- Blackbaud/Raiser's Edge knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for working in an independent school and with all of the school’s constituencies and groups.
- Attitude that exemplifies teamwork and personal responsibility.
Please send cover letter, resumé, and references to:
Director of Development
Webb School of Knoxville
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Webb School is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. All employment decisions at Webb School are based on school needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, creed, disability, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal or state laws or regulations. Webb School will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.