At Webb School, we believe that technology plays an important role in education, but it is certainly not an end in itself. We use technology as a tool to enrich our instructional environment as well as to help prepare our students for the ever-increasing complexity of the world that they will inherit after Webb School.
We have been exploring the expanding role of technology to enhance teaching and learning at our school for many years, and its presence can be found in every classroom from kindergarten through 12th grade. Here are some of the technology resources available to students at Webb School:
- In fall 2011, 4th through 12th grade students started using iPads in their classrooms and for homwork.
- Every academic classroom on campus is equipped with an interactive white board and projector.
- Every building on campus has wireless access.
- Every computer has high-speed access to the Webb School network and the Internet.
- We have more than 600 laptop and desktop computers for student use, either as computer labs or mobile laptop carts.
- A state-of-the-art language lab is located in our International Center and is used in our World Languages programs.
- Course and class information, including upcoming homework assignments, and other electronic resources such as complete class lectures in some cases, are available through our student information system any time and any where a student needs that material.
Please feel free to read our iPad FAQ
to learn more about our iPad program, or ask a question
about any of the technology resources available at Webb School.
Director of Technology.